Thursday, June 2, 2011

Moving schools

As people who frequent my blog know, I don't like my school, it is inflexible, backward and unsupportive of individuals, who have individual needs for their individual plans after they leave school.
The schools hardware although now upto date due to a number of grants from the government, are so slow, mostly because of the immense amount of restrictions and internet filtering, making the machines harder to use than my four year old laptop.
Though the one perk is that when I am supporting my peers and teachers in navigating the vast world of ict, it makes things simple "how do I zip a file?" You can't "how do I view the size of this file?" You can't "how can I hack the system" soo many ways my friends.
Though even in all my anger I, have only used common sense and work arounds. Limited as they may be, to attempt to get some work done.
I am also stuck for 3 periods a week with a bunch of dudes. Who, to overly simplify, would rather be on a construction site than sit and do nothing (vet, tafe courses as a part of vce, I do creative industries cert. II.) Yet on Wednesday my classes go til 5pm and I'm lucky to eat as I spend my lunch hour getting to my course. I get no spare study periods.
Also I have to sit for 25 minutes most Tuesdays and try to fill out a booklet about how I should study/feel about my existence or listen to a co-ord tell me that using highlighters is not a study technique (as moat visual learners will concur... WRONG) and spending my time napping through classes that I really don't want to take; my school doesnt offer the ones that I do want to take.
So after cracking it last friday, after getting 3 migraines in 2 weeks. I am now moving schools, as Twitter knows.
I was accepted into swinburne senior secondary. I have my timetable and next year I will take software development and possibly cert. II in infotech. Wednesday has no timetabled classes except for vet that I do closer to home and I get spares, I don't know where there ict is at and I do have to commute for 3 hours a day, leave my friends behind and they're are no promises that it will be brilliant. It has to be better than where I'm at now.
20th of june, will start a new chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment