Friday, October 28, 2011

Gaming Season

Gamers everywhere are preparing for a long couple of months, with a large quantity of major sequels coming out within a month of each other, in many cases within the space of a few days. Obviously the main game for me will be skyrim, and it seems that each gamer has a game of preference this gaming season. With modern warfare 3 (the new call of duty game)due out in 13 days (8 nov)

accompanied with yet again another frenzy of official drinks, I have seen the mountain dew promotion, (not in Australia). also I think I saw v or monster with mw3 emblazoned on it a couple of weeks ago at the supermarket.

battlefield 3 has been in public beta for a while now, and officially came out three days ago on the 25th. It is classed as the more realistic version of call of duty, although the gameplay is slower than cod games, it has a very strong following. Cod is like twilight for boys, easy to digest and strangely addictive and satisfying. Both cod and battlefield are games that I really need to get around to trying, i'm sick of the look of joy on a guys face when I say I'm a gamer, and then the disappointment when I admit to not playing cod although has been on my todo list for ages and bf3 too.



assassins creed: revelations (4) is due out on the 15th of nov. I must say its the only game on this list I have no desire to play, or even observe someone playing. I played one of the ac games on ds. I thoroughly enjoyed it, albeit the purists stated the obvious fact, that it is nothing like the pc/xbox versions. So I managed to swindle a copy of ac2, after being advised that the first game was rubbish and it was not worth my time, but the second was. I stuck with it for about half an hour perhaps an hour before getting stuck in the prequel/tut/whatever stage. Th controls were a mystery to me, and my preferred genre of game has always been fps, and above that, rpgfps (borderlands, fallout, oblivion). I have a dislike of third person games as a general rule (exceptions being just cause, I admit I did not put many hours in and harry potter and the chamber of secrets.)could not stand neverwinter nights, or playing morrowind or oblivion in third person during combat. ac2 did not make the grade, after getting stuck on the controls, the lack of control I had in the story of game and just it not really dragging me in meant that I never really went to the effort of playing it further. But I do not doubt its a great game, but everyone has personal taste obviously, be it in books, movies, TV or games.

have to admit one of the best trailers I have seen this year... perhaps ever



Okay best til last, skyrim. For those who do not know oblivion is one of the first games I played ever (thank you phleabytes and I guess bdm22 as well... a little) and skyrim is its much anticipated sequel. I'm not gonna lie, this game makes me do strange things, and even just the thought of it causes this strange response that includes nostalgia and a fair amount of this



and, my skyrim strategy notebook... um that may or may not have my name on the front in the dragon language... and I may or may not have spent 2 days spray painting it...

there are 13 strangely foreboding days (what if the game is terrible, cant I keep this feeling of excitement forever?) until the game comes out, it is a friday, also remembrance day and a strange metaphysical whatever according to this



I could go on for oblivion and skyrim for ages, and I may, but in a later post just before I get off the net and start playing the game

No comments:

Post a Comment