Monday, March 15, 2010

Goodbye

I tried logging into my RedBubble account (fireisoblivion) and it told me my account is suspended. I then checked my email, as you do. And it told me it is because I am under 16 years of age. I am immensely upset and distraught by this I have spent hundreds of thousands of hours uploading commenting on artworks learning and displaying my art in a location that I can tell to my teachers, interested family friends and other people who I don't have the time to personally show my artworks to. It is a place where I can also give my skills and time to others by hosting, as you are most likely aware I host 2 groups, as the founding member of both in the case of one group "Australia’s youth" I now fear it will be shut down over this new regime as my co-host is also under 16. The other group I still worry about and fear that my other co-host won't want to take the burden of running it. I have participated in the red bubble community with what I believe to be a level of courtesy and maturity that matches if not exceeds the levels of red bubble users twice my age. I am aware that red bubble states this is due to a legal requirement. That I can’t “enter into the legal contract with RedBubble." But I also enquire; a) Where can I get a copy of the document that states this, b) will my page, comments and activities be now removed from red bubble. c) Is there a person and/or group that I can contact to appeal this.

I understand that RedBubble is backed against a wall in this situation as they are not the law or have any control over it. But I must complain about a few things to do with RedBubble's dealing with this situation:

Firstly the fact that I had ABSOLUTLY NO WARNING that this was going to occur... I did not even have the time to do a ton of cleaning up activities like: working out new hosts for some of my groups, writing a particular bubblemail to someone who I hoped to become better friends with. (And no I don't have any of her other contact details) Writing a farewell letter so my friends and fans know exactly what's going on and how upset I am about it. Just you know the little things.

As I have just recently imported my 100th Art work (not including poems journals etc.) It is quite implausible to upload my art work to a parents' page so I propose a system that I hope RedBubble might be able to use to resolve this:

No under 16 can join unless a guardian registers a "Guardian's account" claiming responsibility for there Childs/wards/others actions and agreeing to the contract on behalf of the child. This maybe impossible for RedBubble to do either legally or effort wise but I encourage them to do so, as they are losing an important part of the RedBubble community.

Regards and Best Wishes

I hope this will only be for now... but goodbye RedBubble

No comments:

Post a Comment