Friday, March 19, 2010

Reply from RedBubble

HI h0110wPeTaL,

We really do not like removing accounts, and I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. I hope you can understand that due to the legal implications we can not delay removing underage accounts if they are reported to us. We need to remove them as soon as possible which is why no notice is given. When signing up, we make it as clear as possible that you must be 16 to create an account, because we want to stress the importance of this condition to membership.

Currently, the best compromise we are able to offer, is that we welcome parents and guardians to upload their child's work to the parents account. However, we ask that parents do not operate a separate account for their child.

Sorry about your account, I hope we will see you again on RedBubble after your 16th birthday.

RedBubble


My reply

RedBubble,
you seem to miss the main points/questions that I am bringing up.

Firstly when I joined this was not enforced/did not exist. If I knew I would NEVER have joined let alone upload over 100 artworks and become a host of not one but two groups. In fact it was one of my teacher's ideas to specifically join RedBubble as she thought it would be the perfect way for me to exhibit my manga drawings and participate in an art community. (Also the reason why a parent cannot upload this for me) the fact that until I got suspended there was no warning for people who were already members. Yes I would fight it but I would have the dignity to leave before I was expunged

Secondly, I have requested legal documentation, proving that RedBubble cannot accept an U16 year old as a member.

Thirdly, my parents are 110% okay with my participation on RedBubble. Is there away for them to agree to RedBubble's conditions on my behalf. (I included a simple model on how this is possible in my original email)

Fourthly, the popularity I have gained has taken alot of hard work over the year that I was a member. And it will be another year until I can "Legally" join again. By that time I will mostly forgotten, what a way to waste a year, I cannot even tell people what my new about where I exhibit my art now

Fifthly, Does my page still exist, will it exist when I try to logon when I do turn 16.

h0110wPeTaL

No comments:

Post a Comment