Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Vodafone is going to be the death of me

having a mobile phone is an important part of life for most people, especially for people who are active on the net. I was lucky to, in January this year, inherit a blackberry storm. quite a nice phone considering that the model is over 10 years old. It was previously in the possession of a Vodafone customer. I changed the phone over to TPG after some hassle, Unfortunately TPG does not support blackberry data (internet) so I began looking at changing my carrier again, after spending many hours on the phone with Optus trying to work out exactly why plan I would have to be on to receive blackberry data I was about to tie the knot. A my dad suggested that I go back to Vodafone because one of the main friends who I message is with Vodafone and it would save both of us credit. After some thought I agreed, going out and buying a Red Sim and went through the process of activating it spending half an hour on the phone, I thought I had at least gotten the sim activated, but no. I spent an hour and half an hour on the phone the following morning passing the phone on to my Dad when I had to leave for school. Eventually it was found out that my sim (my new Red Sim) had expired. My dad went to the Vodafone store and bought a new sim, the store told him it had been activated and the number was going to be ported over, in the next 24 to 48 hours 4 day later me and my Dad returned to the Vodafone Store and spent half an hour there where the Staff member spent 80% on the time on the phone with Vodafone. Eventually we were told the sim would be resolved in the the next 30 minutes to 3 hours. I tried it in my phone and it was active, but the number hadn't been ported over. so we called Vodafone, Causing me to be late to a movie with a friend... AND I HATE BEING LATE. Still not resolved, I am still upset and annoyed and I want this fixed. The worst thing is that it seems Optus is the same, no-one else knows what any one else is saying. It's a service that is hard to boycott and impossible to find a carrier that actually offers a good deal and customer service that doesn't cause you to rip out your own hair. Pass this on if you want better mobile service in Australia or anywhere else in the World!

No comments:

Post a Comment